Summary of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA)
You may think that because you only have a staff contingent of 10 or less people that Labour Law does not apply to you. You'd be mistaken. Many a small business has been sunk by this misperception, so do your research and make sure you're complying.
One of the many labour laws that will affect you is the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA). You can download and file this word document, which gives you a basic guideline on BCEA regulations around,
- Working times: including shift work, weekend work, public holidays and any other overtime
- Payment: including payment in kind, deductions, and so on
- Leave: annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, family responsibility leave, unpaid leave and absence without leave
- Deductions: including those required by law and those you are allowed to make
- Notice periods
- Administration: documents needed by employees and record-keeping
- Prohibition of victimisation and exploitation of workers by the employer and co-workers
File Description: The Summary of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act is a seven-page word document (doc) is suitable for use with most word processing programs used in the Windows environment.
- Tourism associations and organisations
- Do you want to start a business? Then this competition is for you!
- Ask the Expert ─ the effect of sick leave on overtime pay
- Economic overview July 2014: The disconnect between the economy and JSE company earnings
- Business tips – How to keep and not scare away your clients