Example of a Tax Invoice
Provided by Business Partners Ltd, South Africa's leading investor in SMEs
In order to comply with VAT regulations, for any sale of more than R50, you have to issue a tax invoice, with the word "tax invoice" printed on it. This is the most important document in the VAT system. The VAT Act prescribes that a tax invoice must contain certain details about the taxable supply as well as the parties to the transaction. This includes:
- The value of the goods/services excluding VAT
- The VAT amount (calculated at 14% of the above amount)
- The value of the goods/services including VAT
- The name, address and VAT registration number of the person buying the goods/services
- And your own name, address and VAT registration number.
Copyright © 2016 Business Partners Ltd. All rights reserved.